Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monday, December 24, 2012 - Christmas!!!

Hola Mi Familia! Just to let you know, this email will probs be a little short just because I don't have a lot of time right now because of P-day activities and because we will be talking tomorrow, so sorry people who read the blog...I will fill you in next week. This has been quite an interesting week...and kind of rough too! I don't know where to begin.... After a few days I've decided I really like Hermosillo! It has a lot to offer and a TON of American stores which makes me happy, unfortunately none are by us though. It has been difficult working in a Trio since we are all accustomed to being just 2 and these guys have already had 2 transfers-12 weeks- together and so it is hard to just be thrown into their routine and flow instead of starting over with a new comp and establishing your own routine and flow and stuff. I hope that made sense. But we are going. We are like in the edge of Hermosillo the most southern part, I think and it is pretty much the ghetto of Hermosillo. There is so much graffiti and I feel like we are in the project/ghetto. It is crazy! Our house is pretty yucky and apparently Pres. Hernandez and Hermana Hernandez came the past week to look at the houses and they told them that they needed to change because it was bad. So I guess we will be looking for a new house here in these days. We had a baptism this past Saturday for a young single mom named Erika. She has had a rough past with addiction to alcohol and many things, but has completely turned her life around and made a fantastic decision to be baptized and wash all of that away! It was a nice service. The 3 of us did a musical number and I harmonized and it went well. I love after baptisms just watching the person and thinking about how special baptism is and how that person is so clean just like a new born baby, so clean and so pure. It is quite special! Sunday was interesting. I do say that I like to be in a ward, although I miss the intimacy of a branch. There weren't very many members with it being Christmas and all but it was cool. I do like meeting in a chapel though as opposed to a house. They say that the wards are smaller here like 40-70 people and no more. Hopefully more will come next week. I am so excited to have a piano at my convenience again. It has been 4 months since I have played and I have missed it so much. There is a young single adult that plays for sacrament and I think she gets bored sometimes of playing so we decided that we are going to switch off Sundays! On Thursday, we had a combined Zone conference/Christmas Celebration for the mission. It was a really great meeting and really motivated and uplifted me. We also had a piñata and lunch. They showed us a really moving video that I really enjoyed. I will attach it in this email so that you can watch it tonight for Family Home Evening/Christmas Eve Festivities. Well, I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and that all your wishes come true! I have already started to feel like this Christmas is different and will be quite special. I haven't felt so caught up in the material things, but have had more time to reflect on why we really celebrate Christmas and what it all means. Sorry that this email was short and not very organized, but oh well. I love and miss you all dearly and am quite ecstatic to be able to talk to you TOMORROW!!!! At 5PM here (like 7PM there). ¡Feliz Navidad! ¡Yo sé que vive mi Señor! Con Mucho Amor, Elder Joyner Video: http://www.mormonchannel.org/more-videos?v=2008190983001

No comments:

Post a Comment