Sunday, September 8, 2013

Monday, August 25, 2013 - "I think I'm gonna like it here!"

Hola Mi Familia Well this week has just been crazy!!! I will do my best to respond to all the questions and if I miss one just get it to me next time. So I am in Satellite. It is like in the middle of Hermosillo and our area goes from like the center to the most western part. Ummm....the perks.....this ward is freaking RICH!!!! Like the most rich people of all of Hermosillo. OH. MY. HECK. I love going to visit members and people just to see their houses and the wealth. It is crazy! We split the area with a set of Sisters. This is my first time being in a ward with more than one pair of missionaries and so far I like it. Our church building is two floors....! :) My comp, like I said, is from Hawaii. The main island of Hawaii that is close to the temple. We have been talking in English about 90% of the time in between us it is pretty different! Haha! He also went to BYU before the mish and we got to talking and turns out that we knew some of the same people. That was weird. We have about 10 areas under our direction which equals out to 20 missionaries. We are even the zone leaders of the secretaries and assistants which is kind of cool. This week has just been so enchanting! I have LOVED being back in Hermosillo! I love this city so much! I have even had the though cross my mind a few times this week that I could so live here later on in life. The only down fall is the heat. We have a Wal-Mart, Applebee’s, Office Max, Costco, Office Depot, Blockbuster, Papa John’s, a store bigger and even better than Wal-Mart and much more, just within 10-15 minutes walking distance of us! I have really had a load of reflection time this week with new things and such. The few things that I have begun to do as Zone Leader this week I have loved. My favorite part I would have to say is just the fact that this assignment gives me the opportunity to serve other people and to help them learn and grow personally. I love imparting my knowledge to and helping others in meetings and trainings and such. Ahh! I feel like there is so much to say, but I can't organize my thoughts.... In our ward I met someone who knew Crandon about 30 something years ago...that was cool! So we don't have a ton of investigators right now, but we do have a few we are focusing on... There is this guy from Cuba! That's a first! He is pretty cool and has a neat accent. His wife is a member and his mother-in-law was just baptized this past week and he is interested in it all so we are thinking we could put ourselves on that one and make it a baptism. He hasn't gone to church but his family is very important for him and he wants the best to make them happy and so we think we can hit on that. We are also teaching some grandkids of a sister in the ward. She has like 8 that my comp and his comp before me where teaching, but school has started and they are now hard to find them together and so we have only been finding 1 to 3 sometimes. But they seem to like the church and seem to want to be baptized, so we will try to get there. Apart from them we don't really have any others we are teaching, but we are going to begin to do our best to find new people. I feel like we can really do some great things this change and be able to find new people and have baptisms, we just need to work with efficiency and put our priorities in order. Sorry, I felt like this email was kind of dry and doesn't have too much meat to the bones. Hopefully I will get the hang of things more this week and will have more to tell and share next week. I love and miss you all so much! Last week of the hottest month of this year! Thank heavens! ¡Yo sé que vive mi Señor! Con Mucho Amor, Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment