Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Monday, August 19, 2013 - Transfers!!!!!

Hola Mi Familia! This week we started off having a Family Home evening with the lady and her family and their cousins, who are less active members. We held the FHE in the home of the family and talked about the importance of the family and the roles every person has as a member of the family. It was neat and afterwards we played some games and they seemed to really enjoy it! Later in the week went taught the lady ¨The Gospel of Jesus Christ¨and we talked about baptism and the importance of being baptized. She said that she hasn´t been baptized before nor her daughters and that it is something that she would really like to do. We were able to put a baptismal date for the 14th of September. The cousins ended up not getting baptized. With them missing church the last week their baptismal date fell and now they have to attend church one more time to be able to get baptized. We are doubting them a Little because their moms aren´t really showing too much support. They say that they really want their daughters to get baptized, but yet they aren´t doing too much to help them get to church and progress, so who knows with that. One of them is really more interested than the other, but again, they lack parental support. We were really hoping to be able to have a baptism this past Saturday, but it just didn´t happen. The Zone Leaders however, had 3 baptisms and I had to give all 3 of those interviews. I really like giving baptismal interviews it is fun to talk to the people and see how they have come to obtain a testimony and how they feel their lives changing while living the Gospel. Us and the Zone Leaders did a special musical number in the baptism of ¨I Need Thee Every Hour¨and the branch presidencies liked it so much that they asked us to perform it for our respective branches. It was neat and quite powerful the spirit with a few missionaries singing a beautifully harmonized Hymn. We invited the lady and her kids to attend the baptism to see how it is done and she was able to attend with her 2 girls. They said that they really loved it and that it made them more excited to be baptized themselves. Now the long awaited momento….they called us Sunday morning and said that we had transfers. My comp stayed there in Agua Prieta and I have been sent back to Hermosillo as a Zone Leader in the Satelite Ward. Pretty crazy stuff! My comp is new comp is from Hawaii. My first Gringo companion!  He is pretty neat and I know that I will be able to learn a lot from him. I have had a lot of thoughts going through my mind of thinking I´m not ready for this assignment, what am I going to do, etc. But I also feel that it will be really good for me and will help me grow and develop my weaknesses. I feel that training and being district leader has also prepared me somewhat and that that is what I needed to do these past 3 months to help me. There is a saying that I like that goes ¨Whom the Lord calls, He prepares¨ or something like that. And I truly know that he will help me in my weaknesses. I don´t always like transfers too much. Leaving a familiar place where you have come to make friends and know the area well, to being put in a completely new place where you don´t know anyone and you don´t know where anything is. That is always the hardest part, but it will just take time to get used to things and to get on my toes again. I wouldn´t be surprised if this was my last area and I stay here for these last 5 months. So I spent most of the day Sunday saying goodbyes and then woke up at 3:30AM this morning to make a 5:30AM bus. We got here about 12PM and the heat is HORRIBLE! I thought I was being blessed by being in Hermosillo in the Winter where I wouldn´t experience the heat of the summer, but the Lord has sent me back to make sure I enjoy the most of my last of summer heat! It is so hot and a little humid which makes the heat suffocating. Oh well. We are at the hottest part of the summer now and so in a few weeks it will only be down hill from here. Well, I hope you all have a fantástic week and keep plugging along. Elise and Alex, you will have to tell me what happens with one-act and then later tell me what they show is about (I don´t know that one.) Also, Alex, I wanted to ask for a copy of the ¨Mermaid¨cast list to see who was in it. Elise I freaking LOVED your theatre report and it made me relive a few memories and also made me a Little trunkie longing to be able to get back out to BYU. But all in due time. Love and miss you all tons! ¡Yo sé que vive mi Señor! Con Mucho Amor, Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment