Thursday, August 30, 2012

"He hears every word that I say..."

So I've decided to take my showtune Subject lines and lock those showtunes in my heart and not open it back up for 17 more months. Sorry, subjects will be more general from now on... Hola Mi Familia! Whew! What a week this has been! So the interview with the Pres went fine. It lasted like only 5 minutes...haha...we traveled 2 hours for a 5 minute interview. He just asked how things were going and what was up. Well, the next day (Wednesday) was quite a depressing day. On Tuesday 2 different Sisters from the branch had their mothers die. So we were contacted 7:30 am in the morning Wednesday to see if we could help out with both of the services. There was one in the morning and the other one at night. It was a really depressing day. Everyone was so sad. I have never been to a sadder funeral....The sister and her family were the only members and so everyone else was a mess! It makes such a difference to have a knowledge of the Plan Of Salvation and to know that this life isn't the end and that death is only temporary. Elder Miranda gave a small message and then a few of us members sang Hymns. I was able to sing a little solo of Nearer my God To Thee! It was really nice to sing! Afterwards the Apostolic preacher has his turn to give some words and I could just feel the spirit that we created leave. He didn't say anything bad really, but it was very preacher like and just....bored me really... and then at the end when the family was saying their last goodbyes to the body, the apostolics began to sing some hymn that wasn't as reverent and spiritual as our hymns were. And that is when everyone just lost it. People were crying out of control and just really sad. I started thinking about how I haven't lost anyone too close so far in my life and how it would be to lose a parent or grandparent. Well, after that depressing thingy, I didn't really feel like doing much but sit around and be depressed, but we put ourselves together and went out. Later that night at the other funeral, it wasn't as heavy as the morning. Again in this situation, the sister and her family were the only members. We sang hymns again and Elder Miranda gave another thought and the Branch President was able to come, so he spoke too. Apparently the members liked my solo in the morning, so I was asked to revive it and I did! This was more of a service and it was nice. Once it was over, we sat around a while and then got a ride home. Apparently when we left and the Branch President left is when the other family members called in for their Catholic Priest and that didn't go over too well. Apparently the priest was really disrespectful to the church and his little speech he gave had nothing to do with death, but basically bash the church. They say that he said that the Catholic church was the only true church and that all other churches are just "Cheap little....(insert word of a small store/lemonade stand thing that doesn't translate into English)". He was very disrespect for the sister and her family that were members. I felt really bad. So that was a depressing day, but it was really spiritually uplifting and left me thinking a lot and my testimony of The Plan of Salvation was strengthened so much. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that there is life after death and that death is a short period and that our Heavenly Father has a grand plan for us and this life is a small part of that plan. How magnificent is our God! This week we found a neat kid! His name is Luis and he is 19. We contacted his house and he was the only one there and we talked to him about the Gospel and about baptism. It was really great! He was really receptive and understood so much. He didn't accept a date for baptism yet, but he said he would think, ponder, and pray about it. I'm sure we had other neat experiences, but nothing else really sticks out right now. Saturday night we went to the members next door and had homemade pizza! It has been a while since I have had homemade pizza and it was good! Sunday afternoon, yesterday, WE MOVED! Thank Heavens! So the house is off on a street where people park on the curb and so when we arrived with the beds there was a truck in the way so we couldn't get them in the house. So we went about back and tried to get in that way, but the door was being so dumb and wouldn't unlock for anything so we left the beds in the back. We moved everything else in only 2 trips! Later we tried to get the back door open again, but is just wouldn't budge. It was getting late and I just wanted a bed to sleep. So I prayed! Hard! And luckily after a few more minutes of fidgeting with the door it opened! God hears and answers prayers! I know it and I testify of it! So all day we have spent cleaning and get the house all in order! It is sooo much nicer than what we had and a lot bigger too! And it has a cooler so we have air and also a stove and oven and a boiler for hot water! No more cold showers!!! Well, we have to get a tank of gas first, but the thought is prospective! I will take pictures to send. I am just so happy and content with the move and feel like these next 4 weeks of this transfer will be so much better with this move. Not only is it bigger, but also closer and more accessible to everything! I love it! Well, I think that is about it for now! I love and miss you all tons and hope all is well! ¡Yo sé que vive mi Señor! Con Mucho Amor, Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment