Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Monday, August 6, 2012 - "Don't Feed The Plants..." (Rather Don't feed the Dayne or he'll get sick!)

Hola Mi Familia! Wow! Summer is over for you all huh? Seems it went by really quickly to me, I'm sure to you too! Sounds like you will have a busy week having a birthday and getting back to school! It is blazin hot! They said that one day this week was 48 grados which is around 113-118 degress farenheit! It is hot and the sun is hard, but I feel like the Lord blesses us because I don't feel as much heat as I could. Some days when they say it is hot, I say it is hot, but I don't feel as hot as I could? I don't know? Did that make sense? Well, this week just started right off bad for me! Ha! Tuesday night for dinner I heated up a Maruchan (the one in the foam cups) and around 1:30AM that night I woke up feeling sick. It was soo not fun. I continued to feel nausea throughout the day and we didn't leave to work; I just slept and rested the day. I really wasn't able to eat much at all. Well, it's not like we have too much I could have eaten, but still. I had like a piece a bread every few hours. Luckily for Lunch we were scheduled to eat with the members right next door to us and the Hermana had already made a soup and I was thankfully able to eat that. But other than bread, the soup, and snacking on Trix cereal all day, that was all I had. We had this Chicken Salad type thing for lunch the day before, but my comp never was sick, so we think it was the Maruchan. Needless to say I won't be eating the foam cups ever again! So that happened! Thursday night mutual was really quite neat! We had a lot of people come, members and non-members, and we played games, the Relief Society did Zumba, and it was a lot of fun! If only all Mutuals could be like that, but that usually only happens once every few weeks. Nothing else too exciting really happened this week. We received our monthly allowance so finally I have money again! Thank Heavens! This morning an unfortunate event happened to me. I woke up to find my backpack had been infested with ants. Yuck! Oh, it was so gross! There were ants everywhere! All over my clothes and things. I usually always pack a package of chips ahoy cookies to take with me in case that the Elders in Penasco don't have food for us for dinner or lunch so I take that to eat just in case. Well, I guess the ants found that little package and that is what set them off! Eww! I am still cringing! I was so paranoid after I cleaned up this morning that I kept going through my backpack to make sure I had everything out. So we won't be packing cookies anymore! Sorry, if this was a short email. I feel like it was short and of little worth, but hopefully something will get me going more this week. Transfers are next Monday, so if you don't hear from me then, it may not be till Tuesday or Wednesday depending on what happens...we will see....who knows this could be my last week in Sonoyta?!?! I love and miss you all tons! Good luck with starting school this week! Have fun and be safe! ¡Yo sé que vive mi Señor! Con Mucho Amor, Elder Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment